TexShare Card is a cooperative borrowing system among participating Texas academic and public libraries. A TexShare card allows you to check out materials from other participating libraries. All Texas State University students, faculty, and staff in good standing are eligible to receive a TexShare card at no additional charge.
How to Obtain a TexShare Card:
Use the link above. If you have an urgent need to obtain a TexShare Card ask in the RRC Library office (Avery 255).
Participating Libraries (libraries you may check out materials from):
- You must have your TexShare card with you in order to check out items from TexShare libraries. Some libraries also require that you have other information and forms of identification. Call ahead.
- You are responsible for checking out and returning items directly to the participating library.
- Cards are valid for the semester in which they were obtained. Cards issued to Texas State University faculty may be for longer periods of time.
- The library you borrow from will determine its own circulation rules including:
- items that can or cannot be check-out
- how many items you may check out
- how long you may keep an item
- fines for overdue materials